Saturday, April 30, 2011

Royal walkabout after the wedding with pics!


So we made it down to the mall after our very fun party in the morning for the wedding. Initially I was NOT interested in the wedding at all and we were going to head out of town all together But we thoguht it would be too difficult to get back into the city afterward so we stayed and got into the spirit of the wedding.

I'm so glad we did. We had a marvellous time at our friends house and then around 2:30 headed down to the mall that runs from Trafalgar Square to Buckingham Palace - it was wonderful. The crowd was huge but everyone was in great spirits, the bobbies were nice enough to let me slip out into the mall to snap photos of the palace. We just missed William and Kate in his father's car driving from the Palace to Clarence house - by a few minutes. Darn. But we saw plenty:
St. James Park with London Eye in background

Royal horses nearly ran us over

The royal horse yard with London Eye

Buckingham Palace from the mall (a bobby let me dash out into the mall for this one)
Cate and me at Westminster across from Big Ben

Big Ben and Downing Street in the background

The press boxes across from the palace

Red carpet at Westminster - the workmen let me slip out to snap this. Red carpet was yucky!

Westminster - could get the flags on top as I was too close to the fence and it was crowded

Me and the kids on the mall facing Trafalgar
The kids were bored for mosf of the time but I figure they'll be pleased when their older that we dragged them down there on the day. But  here's how they ended up:
He was more delighted to crawl around in the golfcart ambulance (with their permission) 
Cate asleep on Daddy's head infront of Westminster

It was a good day all around!

6 comments:

  1. You are a brave, brave woman. I watched the flyover from my terrace. Then I had some bubbly. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad you had a good time. Did you see the little girl on the balcony of Buckingham Palace with Wills and Kate? She looked so bored and kept on complaining about the noise! I found that a little funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wept and drank my way through it, (via the TV as my ticket got lost in the post,)the 8yo beside me. Loverleee, really loverleee. Sigh, blishh...hic!

    The Larches males were less impressed.

    Well done you bagging your own bits of history. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great looking family. I think they'll be happy to say in later life "Yes I was there".

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just have to say how much I love this post! I just came back from London and miss it so much. I hope that one of these days I can relocate there too! Until then, you have an avid reader!!

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead, make my day!